The branch of engineering dealing with electronic gadgets and gizmos, circuits, and the various types of communication equipment like the IC (integrated circuits), transmitter, receiver, ECE (Electronics and Communication Engineering) is one of the most rapidly rising course-fields in India.
In here, we will be covering the various scopes available for a candidate from an ECE background, the various job opportunities, and future in them.
Electronics and Communication Engineering Meaning
A course in Electronics and Communication Engineering is compiled in a core of Electronics Engineering and along with that an elective on Communications Engineering. The purpose is to focus on improving the communication skills of the candidate along with an in-depth knowledge of the subject of electronics engineering. In simpler words, the subject matter is involved with the process of transmission of corresponding information across a channel via optical fibre, coaxial cable or free space.
Future Scope and Opportunity for ECE Students
As a result of integration of electronics and communication mediums into a huge number of new industrial verticals, there is always a spike in the number of avenues and hence opportunities for students and freshers for ECE background. The latest technologies include automation in industries, autonomous drone logistics, self-driving cars, robotics, smart energy systems etc.
Engineers from ECE background have occupied an approximate of about 150,000 job opportunities in India. Whereas Electronics engineers, except those from computer engineering background, hold about 136,300 jobs in India. In a survey by The Bureau of Labour Statistics, statistical data shows that the market of jobs for EC Engineers will continue to grow at a pace of 7% per year, which is approximately similar to any other industry in India, and even more than many. The stats also suggest a profound scope for the electronics for electronics and communications engineering industry on a global basis.
By 2026, the recruitment figure will reach a size of 345,800 jobs for electronics and communications engineers with a 7% hike, for the figure was 324,600 in 2016. That is, the cumulative spike in job opportunities would be approximately 21,200. It will see a total spike of 4% and an approximate addition of 5,100 new opportunities to the electronics and communications industries. A very promising prediction for all those who aspire for a career out of ECE.
The analysis of the statistical data predicts an almost exponential increase in the number of ECE Engineers, i.e. the scope for electronics engineers is going for a spike especially in the core industries. The recruiting industries are supposed to rely upon the expertise of skilled engineers only to handle the tasks like manufacturing of electronics and communications devices and components.
Job Scope of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Students from Electronics and Communications background are likely of having a future in the following types of industries:
- Mobile Communication (2G, 3G. 4G or 5G)
- Automotive Industry
- Consumer electronics manufacture organization
- IT industries
- Internet and Ethernet technologies
- Health care equipment manufacturing
- Power Electronics
- Steel Industry
- Petroleum Industry
- Chemical Industry
And many others. Opportunities for ECE students are also available in several companies (both Governmental and Non-Governmental) in various fields like designing, manufacturing, installing, operating and subsequent maintenance of the electronics systems and corresponding equipment. In other words, there is a large scope to secure a central government job or a state government job, or a job in either of the public & private sectors.
The field for ECE has an opportunity in two categories of companies in general, Software Industries and Telecom Industries.
Now, an electronics and communication engineer can also choose to work in avionics and aviation, electricity plant, consumer electronics, electricity plant, communication & telecommunication manufacturing, radio & television, transportation, computer application, diagnostic equipment manufacturing and offshore companies. Also, students from Electronics Engineering have a lot of scopes in the following sections:
1. Analog and Radio Frequency Circuits: Televisions and mobile phones wouldn’t have existed without analogue and radio frequency circuits, Wi-Fi, bandwidth would’ve been terms no one had ever heard. Consumer demands have increased tremendously over the years hence a huge number of new industries are built worldwide every year to meet the demands. Consequently, there’s a lot of scope in this field.
2. Computer & Digital Systems: With the help of computers, each and every industry everywhere is now able to progress both in terms of economy and technology at a tremendous pace. And they’re literally everywhere, so obviously, this field will always be in highest demand for recruits.
3. Communication and Signal Processing: Transmitting, storing and analyzing information signals have always been in peak demand whether it’s the Defence administration of the nation or a radio channel.
4. Image processing and Computer vision: Nowadays, with the advancement of technology we have medical devices that can use magnetic-resonance imaging technology to identify diseases and display images at the same time. So, technologies helping furtherment in photogrammetry, surveys and different medical fields are always in need of more ideas.
5. Networking: 3G, 4G and even 5G services nowadays are easily experienced in almost all the accessible corners of the world which help in smooth collaborations and easy communications, both on international and domestic scales. Obviously, there is a huge amount of scope for anyone who wants to work in this field.
6. Remote Sensing: Radios, smartphones, televisions and all other devices that demand a stable internet connection require smooth and stable radio waves communication. Remote sensing hence plays a pivotal role in various technologies be it navigation or mapping.
7. Control Systems and Robotics: A huge number of industries are nowadays adopting robots and automation into various fields, so as to increase the general proficiency of the operations. And it can be seen that the demand is ever-increasing, so there’s a golden opportunity for anyone with interest in Robotics from an ECE background.
8. Energy Storage Technology: There has been an exponential global increase in the demand for advanced energy storage systems, both due to the decrease in non-renewable energy sources and also raising concern for environment-friendly modes of storage. Hence both unit level and grid level energy storage systems are mandated nowadays keeping in mind the size occupancy or economic sustainability. So, there’s a huge scope in this field which will not decrease anytime soon.
9. Nanotechnology: A huge number of industries nowadays are utilizing nanotechnology to make their products like solar cells or microscopic sensors or tracking chips or transistors smaller in size but more proficient. And it can be seen that with time more and more industries from different fields will resort to nanotechnology.
10. Sustainable Energy and Power Systems: With the world shifting to renewable energy sources, more and more industries are investing a huge amount of financial and manual labor to generate wind energy, solar energy. bio-thermal energy or tidal energy. There is a huge scope for electronics engineers in fields like these.
What to do After Engineering in Electronics and Communication
· Signal Processing
· Instrumentation Engineering
· Telecommunications Engineering
· VLSI design Engineering
The various job profiles which are available under this segment are:
· Electronics Engineer
· Field Test Engineer
· Service Engineer
· Senior Sales Manager
· Technical Director
· Electronics Technician
· Associate Firstline Technician
· Research and Development Software Engineer
· Network Planning Engineer
· Electronics and Communications Consultant
· Customer Support Engineer
Some of the reputed firms which have always a heavy demand of engineers from Electronics and Communication background are:
· Texas Instruments
· Philips Electronics
· Conexant and Flextronics
· HCL Technologies
· Tech Mahindra
Average Salary of Electronics and Communication Engineer in India
An engineer from an ECE background can build up his or her career in either India or Abroad. The offered salary packages depend upon various factors such as working skills, qualifications, working area, recruiters and many other terms. For example, an Electronics student who has added technical knowledge on robotics, renewable energies, mechatronics engineering, automation technologies or IoT (Internet of Things) will definitely be preferred over his fellow students.
The initial package for an employee ECE background ranges between 3.5 to 4.5 lakhs per annum in India and abroad, it ranges between $60000 to 70000 per annum. As per www.payscale.com, the average salary of a new recruit is Rs. 395,664 per annum in India. However, once he or she has gained enough experience, salary packages can turn out to be very attractive in this field.
Why does NIET serve as the best institute for Electronics and Communication Engineering in India?
In recent years a tremendous development, say in terms of advanced electronic gadgets, audio-visual mediums for smooth and fast communication have made electronics engineer a catalyst for the change of the modern society. In other words, the electronic communication system has paved for a very effective improvement in the general quality of life.
Therefore, it has become absolutely necessary to increase the network for more proficient communication, and that’s where NIET comes in as the very best. It is primarily focused in providing a profound knowledge of Electronics and Communication Engineering to the candidates which will ensure a very effective mode of learning.
Also, NIET claims to train their students to consider innovative projects in groups with inclusive and sustainable technology which is as per what the industry demands. For additional help or more questions about the course provided or the general infrastructure, the Admission Help line No is given at : (+91 8010500700) or (+91 – 8448384601) for other queries one can call at: (+91-8448384611) or fill out the enquiry form for more details which comes at: https://www.niet.co.in/Engineering-college/btech-electronics-communication-engineering.php