|4 years (8 semesters)
|Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, UP, Lucknow
Mechanical engineers need to play a vital role in the development, operation and manufacturing of new machines, devices, and processes to benefit humankind. They need to apply their creative imagination and professional skills in different situations. The Department of Mechanical Engineering imparts technical knowledge to the students, nurtures their problem-solving skills and involves them in the innovation of modern technologies. The department is continuously striving hard to achieve excellence in education and academics keeping in pace with advancement of technology and requirements of industry.
The department has the Mercedes-Benz Centre of Excellence, PTC Centre of Excellence including Industry 4.0. The department has State-of-the-art laboratories for instruction and research: -
PTC Creo Lab
IOT (INTERNET OF THINGS) Lab
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (AR/VR) Lab.
Robotics Welding Lab (Powered by KUKA, Delta)
Automation Lab (Powered by Janatics)
Engine Research Laboratory
Smart Materials & Structures Lab
CAD (Computer Aided Design), CAM & Manufacturing Science Laboratory
Advanced Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
Heat and Mass Transfer Laboratory
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Laboratory
Advanced Materials Laboratory
Smart Manufacturing & Machining Lab
Automation Control Lab
Product Design & Development Lab
Reverse Engineering Lab
Rapid Prototyping Lab
Noida Institute of Engineering and Technology (NIET), Greater Noida is the first private institution in Uttar Pradesh to get Autonomous status by UGC. The department is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), Ministry of Education, Government of India, New Delhi. The Institution is Accredited by National assessment and Academic Council (NAAC), an autonomous institution of UGC, New Delhi with A Grade. Institution has NIRF ranking in the band width 100 - 150. Aas per the direction of the AICTE the department is also striving to implement the NEP for the benefit of the students. Teaching pedagogy is student centric and nurturing through all round development. The students are trained and certified in a number of Coursera and MOOCs certification courses apart from the academic curriculum. This enhances the employability of the students and develops self-confidence to compete in the global cutthroat competition. This year students are hundred percent placed with appreciable package.
Our prime objective is to provide the students with advanced R&D and up-skilling as per the industry standards. With all these developments, NIET has taken a step forward towards making automated manufacturing in India more competitive at an academic level. Apart from the above facilities, we have established the PTC Centre of Excellence which enhances the knowledge and skill design among the students. We hope that whether you are a prospective undergraduate or graduate, working in industry or in another university, or an entrepreneur, you will find this website to be informative. The department offers UG in Mechanical Engineering and PG program in Mechanical Engineering -CAD. The students are trained and certified for Coursera certification courses apart from the academic curriculum.
The department has professional chapters of various technical bodies such as ISHRAE, SAE, ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education), etc.
If you have further queries, please do contact us.
Prof. Dr. D. R. Somashekar
Dean Administration NIETand HOD
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The department envisions to be recognized globally for its outstanding technical education, research & consultancy capabilities to address the ever-changing, social-global issues ethically.
- To deliver outcome-based education and develop state-of-the-art research facilities to provide opportunities to interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
- To inculcate the culture of upgradation of knowledge and skills of human resources thorough self learning, e-learning and training activities.
- To equip the students with academic, corporate and entrepreneurial leadership, communication skills and global awareness required in the engineering profession and society in general.
- To establish an environment that encourages and builds an exemplary degree of citizenship, professional and personal integrity and ethical behavior.
The PEOs of B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering program are as following:
- To be capable of applying scientific and engineering attitude to analyze, design, and solve real life problems.
- To lead a successful career in industries; pursue higher studies or entrepreneurial endeavors.
- To demonstrate his potential to bridge the gap between industry and academia for societal needs with latest tools and techniques.
- To address environmental, technological and engineering challenges ethically.
The engineering graduates will be able to
- Apply, analyze, design, and solve the complex problem related to Mechanical Engineering.
- Implement the use the software, latest equipment, and scientific concepts for the betterment of the society in professional and ethical manner.
- To present their technical ideas, execute various projects, and learn the upcoming interdisciplinary technology.
Professor Dr. D R Somashekar has done his B.E(Mech) in 1981 from Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur-Karnataka, Bangalore university, Bangalore., M.E(Mech) in 1984 from Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli, Shivaji university, Kolhapur and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Mysore university, Mysore. He has vast experience of more than 41+ years of Academic and Research blended with administrative experience. He has developed several institutions as Principal/ Director/DG. Implemented world bank project TEQIP grant, cost of Rs 10.40 crores. He was one of the UGC expert members to evaluate the Pandit Deen Dayal Petroleum University (PDPU), Ahmadabad, Gujrat. He has completed several Karnataka Government flood relief projects, total worth of Rs 56.46 lakhs. He has accredited (NBA, NAAC) number of institutions. On invitation visited number of foreign universities and chaired number of international conferences; like: -
|UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA
|VICTORIA (BC), CANADA
|UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLOMBIA
|UNIVERSITY OF SANTACLARA
|UNIVERSITY OF STANFORD
|UNIVERSITY OF BERKLIN
|UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
|UNIVERSITY OF WAIKATO
He has published number of research papers in refereed journals. To his credit he has two patents and authored two books. He is a motivational speaker. He has organized number of national / international conferences, FDP’s, workshops. He has worked as chairman and member of BOS, Examinations, Flying squad etc. in the number of universities. He has been awarded Commandants medal in the NCC Pre-commissioning. He has carried out number of social activities for the benefit of society. He is a life member of professional organizations (IEI, ISTE, ORSI etc.).
He is working as a Dean Administration NIET and HoD of mechanical engineering department since January 2023.
Prof. D R Somashekar
- Organized AICTE-sponsored International Conference CETCME and FDP on “Outcome based learning (OBE)”.
- ROBOWAR and ROBORACE Events.
- Seminars/Presentation by students.
- Students trained in PLM and placed in Capgemini.
- Augmented the course by Coursera certification courses.
- Drone competitions
- NIET Premiere League (NPL) Cricket Tournament.
- Annual Tech-Fest ‘Enzinus’ and ‘Ebbulience’.
- Project-based learning.
- Peer-Peer learning.
- NBA Acceradiated
- 20 highly qualified faculties
- Experienced intellectual capital.
- State-of-the-art labs.
- PTC Centre of Excellence.
- Mercedes-Benz Centre of Excellence (ADAM (Advance Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics)).
- BMW Skills next Programme.
- Industry-aligned training programs.
- Consistently good placement records.
- Culture of Research and Innovation.
- Coursera Certification for students' and faculties' development.
- All students are engaged in project development & research.
Faculty members of the department are doing the following practices for better teaching and learning.
- Activity-based learning (ABL)
- ICT-based teaching
- Research paper-based learning
- Teaching through models and charts.
- Practical-based learning.
- Use of lab facilities for explanation of theories.