- Innovation Labs
- International Alliances
- ANTI RAGGING
- Quick links
- About P.F.S
- NAAC SSR
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Feedback Forms
- Academic Calendar
- NIRF Data
- NIRF, NBA & NAAC Certificate
- Mandatory Disclosure
- Refund of Caution Money (till-2020 passout only)
- Gender Policy
- Women Empowerment Committee
- Terms and Conditions
- Request for AKTU's Original Mark Sheets and Degree by Post
- Refund and Cancellation Policy
- NIET Examination Portal
- NIET ERP
- NIET Research
- IIC- NIET
- NIET NISP
- ICRTETS 2023
- EMERGIN 2023
- Contact Us
Please Enter Your Information
|4 years (8 semesters)||Mechanical Engineering||60||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, UP, Lucknow||AICTE|
Mechanical engineers need to play a vital role in development, operation and manufacturing of new machines, devices and processes to benefit mankind. They need to apply their creative imagination and professional skills in a variety of situations. So, the Department of Mechanical Engineering at NIET, Greater Noida imparts technical know-how to the students, promote their problem-solving skills and involve them in the innovation of new technologies.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at NIET is continuously striving to achieve excellence in education, academics and industry-oriented research & consultancy work to serve the society. The faculty members of the department are engaged in the research in classical as well as in upcoming areas of Mechanical Engineering. The department has active chapters of various technical bodies such as ISHRAE, SAE, ISTE, etc. Also the Mercedes-Benz Centre of Excellence and PTC Centre of Excellence including Industry 4.0, Automation Lab, PTC Creo Lab, Robotics Lab, 3D-Printing & Reverse Engineering Lab and Smart Manufacturing lab has been recently developed in the department. All the programs of the department accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), MHRD, Government of India, New Delhi.
We aim to provide our students with a perfect blend of intellectual and practical experiences that help them to serve the society and address a variety of needs. State-of-the-art laboratories like modern optimization, Design and Graphics Involved Research Lab and Computer Integrated Manufacturing Lab have been established in the department. The department maintains the following laboratories for instruction and research:
Engine Research Laboratory
Smart Materials & Structures Lab
CAD, CAM & Manufacturing Science Laboratory
Advanced Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
Heat and Mass Transfer Laboratory
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Laboratory
Advanced Materials Laboratory
Smart Manufacturing & Machining Lab
Automation Control Lab
Product Design & Development Lab
Reverse Engineering Lab
Rapid Prototyping Lab
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (AR/VR) Lab.
Robotics Welding Lab (Powered by KUKA, Delta)
Automation Lab(Powered by Janatics)
Our prime objective is to facilitate the students with advanced R&D and by up-skilling as per the industry standards. With all these developments, NIET has taken a step forward towards making automated manufacturing in India more competitive at an academic level. Apart from above facilities, we have established PTC Centre of Excellence which involves:
We hope that whether you are a prospective undergraduate or graduate, working in industry or in another university, or a visitor, you will find this website to be informative. The department offers UG program in Mechanical Engineering and PG program in Mechanical Engineering and CAD.
If you have further questions after browsing this website, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Dr. Praveen Pachauri
Head of the Department, Professor and Director (Projects & Planning),
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The department envisions to be recognized globally for its outstanding technical education, research & consultancy capabilities to address the ever-changing, social-global issues ethically.
- To deliver outcome-based education and develop state-of-the-art research facilities to provide opportunities to interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
- To inculcate the culture of upgradation of knowledge and skills of human resources thorough self learning, e-learning and training activities.
- To equip the students with academic, corporate and entrepreneurial leadership, communication skills and global awareness required in the engineering profession and society in general.
- To establish an environment that encourages and builds an exemplary degree of citizenship, professional and personal integrity and ethical behavior.
The PEOs of B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering program are as following:
- To be capable of applying scientific and engineering attitude to analyze, design, and solve real life problems.
- To lead a successful career in industries; pursue higher studies or entrepreneurial endeavors.
- To demonstrate his potential to bridge the gap between industry and academia for societal needs with latest tools and techniques.
- To address environmental, technological and engineering challenges ethically.
The engineering graduates will be able to
- Apply, analyze, design, and solve the complex problem related to Mechanical Engineering.
- Implement the use the software, latest equipment, and scientific concepts for the betterment of the society in professional and ethical manner.
- To present their technical ideas, execute various projects, and learn the upcoming interdisciplinary technology.
Professor Dr. Praveen Pachauri has done his B.Sc (Engg), M.Tech and Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh. He has a vast experience of more than 22 years and the enhancement of quality in technical education has been one of his core competencies. He has made a significant contribution in research by publishing 39 research papers, five books, three patents and one design copyright. He has delivered invited Expert Talk in 21 national/ international conferences/ FDPs. He has guided two research scholars for successful completion of their Ph.Ds and two research scholars are currently working under his supervision. He has also guided eight M.Tech students and four are working under his supervision. He has completed seven sponsored research and consultancy projects and two are in progress. He has organised more than 15 conferences/seminars/workshops/FDPs.
His contribution to academics as a team member includes Hon’ble Governor of Rajasthan and Chancellor's Nominee in the Board of Management of Mohan Lal Sukhdia University (MLSU), Udaipur, Member of Board of Studies (BOS) at Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Lucknow, Member of Research Advisory Committee (RAC) at MLSU, Member of Governing Body of Noida Institute of Engineering and Technology (NIET), Greater Noida, Mentor for Implementation of Outcome Based Education (OBE) and NBA accreditation at four AKTU-affiliated institutes, and Advisor for two Technology Business Incubators etc. He is also mentoring many startup companies.
Dr. Praveen Pachauri also holds the position of Director (Projects and Planning) at Noida Institute of Engineering and Technology (NIET), Greater Noida since 2014 and takes care of approval, affiliation, and accreditation of all the courses offered by the institute, from government agencies. He is responsible for strategic planning and implementation of quality education related policies and Outcome Based Education (OBE) philosophy. He is a fellow of the "Institution of Engineers" and recipient of "Young Researcher Award-2021" from Institution of Engineers (India). He is also recipient of “Er. Nivesh Kumar Varshney, Meerut Memorial Award” for UP/ Uttarakhand State Best Engineering College Teacher for the year 2020 from Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), "Shikshak Samman" from Rastriya Shishak Sangh and "Best Research Paper Award" in international conference on Recent Innovations in Engineering, Applied Sciences and Management (EAM17) organized by The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), New Delhi, (2017).
- Organized AICTE-sponsored International Conference CETCME and FDP on “Outcome based learning (OBE)”.
- Well qualified intellectual capitals.
- Industry supported labs.
- Tie-up with Coursera for improving the global competencies of faculty members and students.
- Use of audio-visual aids during class.
- PPT of each course with all the details of the curriculum and the learning objectives.
- Mentor–Mentee Relationship Programme for students.
- Encouraging group projects in order to improve student’s ability to innovate.
- Faculty members help students gain insight into the topics.
- Departmental library for teaching-learning.
- NIET Premiere League (NPL) Cricket Tournament.
- Enzinus and Ebbulience.
- ROBOWAR and ROBORACE Events.
- Seminars/Presentation by students.
- Project-based learning.
- Group discussions.
- Peer-Peer learning.
- Organizing talks from industry persons and high profile academicians related to emerging technologies.
- Organizing talks related to career advancements and higher studies.
- Suggestions from alumni of departments and their employers to improve teaching and learning are welcome and are also taken into account.
- Organize institute-industry interaction program.
- 33 highly qualified faculties (3 professors, 4 PhD holders).
- Experienced intellectual capital.
- State-of-the-art labs.
- PTC Centre of Excellence.
- Mercedes-Benz Centre of Excellence(ADAM).
- BMW Skillsnext Programme.
- Industry-aligned training programs.
- Consistently good placement records.
- Culture of Research and Innovation.
- Coursera Certification for students' and faculties' development.
- All students engaged in project development & research.
Faculty members of the department are doing following practices for better teaching and learning.
- Activity-based learning (ABL)
- ICT-based teaching
- Research paper-based learning
- Teaching through models and charts.
- Practical-based learning.
- Use of lab facilities for explanation of theories.