|4 Years (8 Semesters)||120||ARM, PTC Thingworx, IBM Watson|
Internet of Things (IoT) is an interdisciplinary program which has its application enormously increased in the past few years since it has a vast scope of usage. IoT generally refers to a growing network of internet-connected devices that find various applications in engineering and sciences. When objects are interconnected across the world, it allows people or things using those objects to be connected anytime. As an example, from urban transport to medical devices, home electronics and appliances to cars, heart monitoring implants and many more, all connected things ease human life.
NIET offers a four-year under-graduate B.Tech course in Internet of Things (IoT) which aims to train students to be equipped with a solid theoretical foundation, systematic professional knowledge and strong practical skills in the IoT field. Through the program, the students shall have a thorough knowledge of electronic engineering and computer science and a firm foundation into wireless communication and computer networks. A deep knowledge on IoT devices, systems and networks is also included. The students will develop strong skills in sensors & instrumentation, chip-design, and privacy & security of IoT.
To enable the students to keep pace with changing technological advances, the institute has various industrial tie-ups like ARM, PTC Thingworx, IBM Watson. This course shall instill confidence in students to gain excellence and success in the field of IoT and furnish in global standards.Highlights
- One of the top colleges in Delhi/NCR and first one to offer the best B.Tech Program in Internet of Things.
- Builds solid theoretical and strong practical skills in the fields of communication networks and IT that provides a wide range of applications in IoT through industry-oriented curriculum.
- Learn through real-time industry projects sponsored by global leaders in IoT industry and regular live sessions by industry experts.
- Provides expertise in ARM-based system-on-chip design and embedded system, sensors and instrumentation, edge and cloud computing, Digital Signal Processing etc.
- Chance to work on IBM Watson and PTC Thingworx platforms.
To establish the department of IoT as a hub of excellence, producing highly competent, smart, ethical professionals and entrepreneurs to serve humanity.
- To impart quality education through leveraging resources, facilities, and equipment in the area of Internet of Things.
- To provide state-of-the-art facility in research, innovation, and entrepreneurship, enabling students to create ethical solutions for the betterment of the society.
- To collaborate with the industry to keep pace with rapidly changing technology for life-long learning.
Our graduates will be able to
- Engage in designing, manufacturing/fabricating, and maintaining smart systems in the field of IoT.
- Solve problems of social relevance through applying the knowledge of basic science, IoT and pursue higher education and research.
- Engage in life-long learning, career enhancement, and be able to adapt to dynamic needs of profession and society.
- Work as an individual and as a team member in multidisciplinary projects with effective communication.
Our graduates will be able to
- Apply concept of IoT to solve real world problems for societal wellbeing by leveraging latest tools.
- Work as an individual or lead as a team with good communication and engage in life-long learning.
- Apply ethical principles as a successful professional, entrepreneur, and pursue higher education.
It gives me immense pleasure to introduce the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (IoT) established in the year of 2020. We are witnessing an eminent digital transformation and the effects can be seen globally. IoT is one of the most sought-after technologies in this digital arena. To keep pace with the emerging technologies, the department caters to high quality education, in-depth knowledge of IoT technologies, multi-disciplinary learning, and improvement in skills.
We are consistently striving hard towards providing innovative teaching and learning process that will provide scope for the students to acquire knowledge for better opportunities, and achieve academic excellence.
To add to the standard of the teaching-learning process, motivated and skilled faculty members pay special emphasis on teaching and hands-on practical work. To meet the objectives, the excellent infrastructure, conducive environment for research activities, and initiatives for skill development play a key role.
We as a team resolve to take the department to newer heights of success and glory and prepare for the forthcoming challenges.
“Teamwork makes the dream work”
My best wishes to all!!
Dr. Kumud Saxena, Professor & Head of Computer Science and Engineering (IoT) department at Noida Institute of Engineering & Technology, Greater Noida, has research interest in machine learning, IoT, image processing, wireless and soft computing. She holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from government university titled “Design of Image Enhancement Techniques Using Soft-Computing” in 2016. She has teaching experience of more than 16 years and two years of industry experience. She has published research papers in reputed journals & conferences. Her work can be identified by the number of patents published and granted. She has been associated with several professional societies. She has guided multiple M.Tech thesis and B.Tech projects. She received a grant of Rs. 3 lakhs under TEQIP III.Publication/projects undertaken
- 17 papers published in reputed journals - 4 SCI and 6 Scopus in last three years which include work on machine learning, IOT, image processing, wireless and soft computing.
- 3 papers in international conferences.
- 2 book chapters published.
- 5 patents published, 1 patent granted.
- Completed project on IoT-based smart cities under TEQIP III as PI.
- Organized multiple Faculty Development Programmes on emerging technologies data science, blockchain sponsored by ATAL and AICTE.
- Member of BOS of MUIT, Noida from 2019.
- Convener of BOS, CS in Emerging Technologies, NIET, Gr. Noida 2020, 2021 & 2022.
- Co-Convener of BOS, CS/IT, NIET, Gr. Noida 2020, 2021 & 2022.
- Star Performer of the Year 2020, NIET (Initiatives for AWS, Impartus, QSigauge Ranking).
- Invited as a keynote speaker at 38th GISFI STANDARDIZATION SERIES Theme- 6G: Technology Towards Human Mind and Body, March 4.
- Best Research Paper Award in 3rd International Conference on Computing Informatics & Networks (ICCIN-2020) held on 29th and 30th July, 2020 for research paper titled "Design of IoT-Based Smart Illumination System in Smart Cities in the Session Internet of Things and Environmental Monitoring".
- Technical Program Committee member for international conference on "Emerging Trends and Technologies on Intelligent Systems" (ETTIS-2021) on 4-5 March 2021, CDAC NOIDA.
- Session Chair for international conference on “Emergent Converging Technologies & Biomedical systems” (ETBS-2021) on 28th-29th April 2021, UIET, KUK.
- Invited guest lectures at various events and workshops on IOT, augmented reality, etc.
- Invited as Technical Program Committee member for 2nd international conference on “Emerging Trends and Technologies on Intelligent Systems” (ETTIS-2022) from 3rd–4th March 2022 organized by CDAC, Noida.
- Reviewer of reputed SCI journals.
- Member of CSI.
Shrivastava, P.S., Malviya, U.K., Meshram, M. and Dewangan, U.S., 2022. Title: Efficiency of Ultra-Dense Multi-Tier Future Cellular Networks for 5G: A Survey. Wireless Personal Communications, 122(4), pp.3269-3291.
Singh, H., Kumar, V., Saxena, K. and Prasad, R., 2022. Title: A Smart Model for Prediction of Radio Wave Attenuation Due to Clouds and Fog (SMRWACF). Wireless Personal Communications, 122(4), pp.3227-3245.