|4 Years (8 Semesters)||60||AWS Educate|
NIET offers an under-graduate honours course (B.Tech) in Computer Science which deals with the theoretical foundations of computation and practical techniques for their application. B.Tech Computer Science is a course for students who are interested in adopting cloud resources or frameworks as their field of study or who want to gain hands-on practical experience to improve their competitiveness in the cloud job market.
Cloud computing technology is used across the world. All the business domains understand the need and use which cloud computing technology gives. It impacts usage, business revenue, customer alignment, and happiness. The companies want to get out of managing data centres and deployment pipelines since they don't have to set up machines and servers as everything has moved to the cloud. The customers get the required features which are fast through the usage of the cloud, the testing of the applications can also happen through the cloud which is faster and scalable. The following areas use this technology profusely – telecommunication, healthcare, governance, banking, business, computing, IT services, etc.
The B.Tech program with a specialization in Cloud Computing shall train students in different areas of cloud computing. The students get strong skills in cloud architecture and deployment, virtualization, modelling and analysis, applications, cloud services, major solution architectures, and enabling technologies. In addition to this, the course shall train students in core computer science subjects such as Java programming, hardware, software, database, the theory of computation and algorithm, networks, etcHighlights
- One of the top colleges in Delhi/NCR and the first one to offer the best B.Tech program in Cloud Computing.
- Grow AWS expertise with Cloud Career Pathways.
- Access AWS services, launch virtual classrooms, and use tools to help students learn the cloud.
- Learn critical set of technologies in cloud computing that span core areas of CS through industry-oriented curriculum.
- Proficiency with cloud architecture and apply concepts with various platforms – Amazon cloud, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud.
- Hands-on experience in implementing and managing cloud technologies to improve the competitiveness in cloud job market.
To be a department of excellence in Computer Science delivering ethical, globally competent technocrats ready to serve society.
- To impart quality education and develop skilled professionals in the area of computer science.
- To develop creative and ethical environment for students and faculty, promoting innovation centric education that will serve the needs of the entire global community.
- To strengthen industry-academia bond, for delivering industry-ready professionals, researchers, and entrepreneurs for life-long learning.
Our graduates will be able to
- Have successful careers in the field of Computer Science and pursue higher education.
- Engage in research and provide innovative solutionw to real world problems of the society with ethical responsibilities.
- Demonstrate effective communication, work as an individual or as a team and engage in life-long learning.
Our graduates will be able to
- Apply suitable techniques, modern tools to solve complex engineering problems in the field of computer science.
- Design and optimize, ethical and innovative solutions for the betterment of the society.
- Work as an individual or lead in a team with good communication and engage in life-long learning.
The Department of Computer Science (CS) established in 2020, is dedicated to the development of innovative computational flair among the students. To provide quality education and great careers for our students, we are continuously thriving for better curriculum, teaching learning process, industry-academia collaboration, excellent infrastructure and best of the teaching faculty. We offer our students the best hands-on sessions, intellectual collaboration, research culture & social impact projects, and industry linkages so that they get the best placements and contribute to societal well-being. We strongly believe in providing seamless education using the best technology on the campus. We strive to have industry collaboration to strengthen the skills and make them competent and provide a rich blend of technical, managerial, and social skills.
The department aims to make students globally competent to the latest technologies in the core domain. Our students will emerge as assets not only to this institute but also to the world at large.
I wish all my dear students and faculty members a good innovative academic career.
Together we can and we will!!
All best wishes!!
Dr Kumud Saxena, Professor & Head of Computer Science and Engineering (AI) department at Noida Institute of Engineering & Technology, Greater Noida, has research interest in machine learning, IoT, image processing, wireless and soft computing. She holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from government university titled “Design of Image Enhancement Techniques Using Soft-Computing” in 2016. She has a teaching experience of more than 16 years and two years of industry experience. She has published research papers in reputed journals & conferences. Her work can be identified by the number of patents published and granted. She has been associated with several professional societies. She has guided multiple M.Tech thesis and B.Tech projects. She received a grant of Rs. 3 lakhs under TEQIP III.Publication/projects undertaken
- 17 papers published in reputed journals - 4 SCI and 6 Scopus in last three years which include work on machine learning, IOT, image processing, wireless and soft computing.
- 3 papers in international conference.
- 2 book chapters published.
- 5 patents published, 1 patent granted.
- Completed project on IoT based smart cities under TEQIP III as PI .
- Organized multiple Faculty Development Programmes on emerging technologies data science, blockchain sponsored by ATAL and AICTE .
- Member of BOS of MUIT, Noida from 2019.
- Convener of BOS, CS in Emerging Technologies, NIET, Gr. Noida 2020, 2021 & 2022.
- Co-Convener of BOS, CS/IT, NIET, Gr. Noida 2020, 2021 & 2022.
- Star Performer of the Year 2020, NIET (Initiatives for AWS, Impartus, QSigauge Ranking).
- Invited as a keynote speaker at 38th GISFI STANDARDIZATION SERIES Theme- 6G: Technology towards Human Mind and Body, March 4.
- Best Research Paper Award in 3rd International Conference on Computing Informatics & Networks (ICCIN-2020) held on 29th and 30th July, 2020 for research paper titled Design of IoT Based Smart Illumination System in Smart Cities in the Session Internet of Things and Environmental Monitoring.
- Technical Program committee member for International Conference on "Emerging Trends and Technologies on Intelligent Systems" (ETTIS-2021) on 4-5 March 2021, CDAC NOIDA.
- Session Chair for International Conference on “Emergent Converging Technologies & Biomedical Systems” (ETBS-2021) on 28th-29th April 2021, UIET, KUK.
- Invited guest lectures at various events and workshops on IOT, Augmented reality, etc.
- Invited as Technical Program Committee member for 2nd International Conference on “Emerging Trends and Technologies on Intelligent Systems” (ETTIS-2022) from 3rd–4th March 2022 organized by CDAC, Noida.
- Reviewer of reputed SCI journals.
- Member of CSI.
|2K20F002||Ratna Nitin Patil||CS||Assistant Professor|
|2K20F006||Vivek Ranjan||CS||Assistant Professor|
|2K21F146||Abhijit Kumar||CS||Assistant Professor|
Patil, R., Tamane, S., Rawandale, S.A. and Patil, K., 2022. Title: A Modified Mayfly - SVM Approach for Early Detection of Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 12(1), p.524.
Singh, H., Kumar, V., Saxena, K. and Prasad, R., 2022. Title: A Smart Model for Prediction of Radio Wave Attenuation Due to Clouds and Fog (SMRWACF). Wireless Personal Communications, 122(4), pp.3227-3245.