|Management||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow||AICTE||2 years (4 semesters)||180|
Business is about managing change in technology, markets, corporate cultures, and global environments. NIET's management candidates face the rigors of a business education that focuses on combining classical business skills, such as finance and strategic planning, with creativity and sound judgment. Postgraduates from NIET are highly desirable job candidates because they are self-directed, ethical, and effective contributors in their communities. The department of Master of Business Administration (MBA) was established in the year 2004, with an intake of 60.
MBA is a two-year full-time course spread over four semesters. The program is duly approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to the Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow. The course is also accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). Besides, the MBA program is committed to providing the educational and corporate experiences required for professional competence.
The MBA program aims at providing inputs to the students relevant to the business, industry, and trade so that they can efficiently & effectively function in different organizations and face the challenges arising as a sequel to all-round development of the country. The faculty at NIET focuses on management education more than just business management. The commitment is thought leadership with a deep understanding of business. The approach to pedagogy combines fieldwork, case studies and instrumented feedback with a strong emphasis on concepts and theory.
A variety of teaching and learning techniques are employed to impart knowledge and skills to students at NBS. It encourages students to make presentations on academic, management and other topics of current interest. Students are trained in effective communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and to face constructive criticism from fellow students and faculties in an informal environment. Pyramid Finishing Schools (PFS), a separate division, develop the modules and groom the student's personality, through customized HR and technical training.
To become a recognized center for management education for developing socially conscious and globally competent professionals with entrepreneurial mindset.
- To develop competent professionals with innovative mindset and a sound understanding of fundamental management concepts for critical thinking and decision making.
- To produce team players with ethical leadership qualities and with good communication skills for achieving organizational goals.
- To cultivate enduring entrepreneurial spirit among the graduates and make them industry ready.
Two-year full-time MBA program is designed to meet the following Program Educational Objectives:
- Graduates of the management program will have conceptual knowledge, to adapt to the rapidly changing environment, learn new skills and demonstrate application of management principles in a professional work setting.
- Graduates will apply appropriate tools for decision making required for solving complex managerial problems in the local or global context.
- Graduates of the management program will exhibit integrity, social responsibility, and teamwork.
- Graduates will exhibit ethics, communication skills, leadership qualities and entrepreneurial mindset using creativity and innovation.
Prof. Resham M is the Head of the Department of MBA at NIET Greater Noida. She has 20 years of rich experience in both industry and teaching. She has worked in companies like Travelex, Countrywide Global, and Citibank in various capacities. She has done her BBM in the year 1998 and MBA in 2000 from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. She has published papers in several national and international journals, and national and international conference proceedings. She has been instrumental in establishing Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell in various institutions.
Her interest in technology-based learning has influenced several faculties to change from their traditional teaching pedagogy to modern teaching methods. She has been a speaker for FDPs on Modern Learning Methods and has been her research interest as well.
- Classrooms equipped with modern teaching learning aids like LCD projector, audio etc.
- The department has got its own library; besides a central library, consisting of text books, reference books, student project reports, conference proceedings, faculty development program materials etc.
- Independent Career Management Cell provides counseling and guidance to students on their career aspect.
- Provides platform for students to participate in various forums and technical & non-technical events.
- Faculty members are involved in live projects with industry to take up Quality Improvement Programs (QIP).
- Well-equipped group discussion Room for GD practice sessions & mock interviews.
- Regular industrial visits.
- Regular guest lectures.
- Regular industrial workshops to update the knowledge of students.
- Group discussions & industry training by industry experts.
- Accelerated Mentorship Program for scaling up the employability percentage and annual remuneration.
- Encouragement of students to take up industry-based projects.
- Regular personality development classes for overall personality development.