- Innovation Labs
- International Alliances
- ANTI RAGGING
- Quick links
- About P.F.S
- NAAC SSR
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Feedback Forms
- Academic Calendar
- NIRF Data
- NIRF, NBA & NAAC Certificate
- Mandatory Disclosure
- Refund of Caution Money (till-2020 passout only)
- Gender Policy
- Women Empowerment Committee
- Terms and Conditions
- Request for AKTU's Original Mark Sheets and Degree by Post
- Refund and Cancellation Policy
- NIET Examination Portal
- NIET ERP
- NIET Research
- IIC- NIET
- NIET NISP
- ICRTETS 2023
- EMERGIN 2023
- Contact Us
Please Enter Your Information
|Duration||Intake||Industrial Tie ups|
|4 Years (8 Semesters)||60||TCS|
NIET offers a four-year under-graduate B.Tech course in Cyber Security which aims to develop a strong foundation that will allow students to learn comprehensive approaches to protect infrastructure including data and information. Cybersecurity plays pivotal role in today’s information era. The demand for security and privacy of data is growing with each passing hour as effectiveness of a business relies on real time secure processing of data. The program will equip students with ability to perform risk analysis, mitigation techniques, architecting cloud-based security, along with gaining deep understanding of compliance standards with its best-in-class program.
This course is best suited for students seeking to build world-class expertise in the field of Ethical hacking, Cybersecurity, Digital Forensics, IT data and application security, Network security and data encryption. This will position students to make immediate impact as well as long term success as a cyber-security professional.
In this course, the focus will be on classroom activities that are designed to encourage students to play an active role in the designing of their learning strategies. This will include group case studies in the area of security, designing effective solutions to those challenging cases. Students will be exposed to a wide range of latest security techniques including cryptographic mechanisms and managing a range of systems from personal laptop to large scale infrastructures, to address the modern challenges in cyber security. The practical knowledge imparted to students will enable them to build robust systems to address increasingly sophisticated cyber threats amid advancing technologies.Highlights
- Build practical applied skills relevant to current and emerging demands in the cyber security field.
- Learn the latest and most relevant tools, techniques, strategies, and technologies w.r.t Cyber Security.
- Refine your ability to think critically about how organizations manage security.
- Gain in-depth understanding, working with real-world case studies that reflect new and timely challenges in this domain.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To help build the ability to analyze real world problems, identify root cause and design the solutions ethically by applying knowledge of various security tools at each stage of software development cycle to address the technical challenges of cybersecurity holistically.
- To build effective communication skills, professional attitude and a desire to learn emerging trends in security in each student.
- To have life-long learning, for up-skilling and re-skilling as security trends emerge, for a successful professional career as a security engineer, security architect, scientist, entrepreneur and acting in interest of the society.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
- To be able to create secure applications, systems, and networks
- The ability to master the concepts and theories to navigate policy changes impacting computer security and develop cross-disciplinary strategy to tackling the complex challenges involved in keeping our digital information safe.
- The ability to conduct investigation of complex security problems and tackle the technical, regulatory and business challenges of cyber security ethically.