Please Enter Your Information
|4 years (8 semesters)||Biotechnology Engineering||60||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, UP, Lucknow||AICTE|
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), NBA-accredited, was established in the year 2012 with an undergraduate program. Over the years, the department has seen exponential growth and has cemented its credentials both in the field of teaching and research. Our vision has been to impart quality education to the budding biotechnology professionals and also foster strong interdisciplinary research in frontier areas of Biotechnology. The Biotechnology department has signed MOUs with Codon Biotech. Pvt. Ltd., Noida & Institute for Industrial Research & Toxicology, Ghaziabad. We also have collaboration with various reputed institutes like IIT Roorkee, GGSIP University Delhi, IET Lucknow, NDRI Karnal, Biotech Park Lucknow, etc. Apart from providing in-depth knowledge of core biotechnology subjects, the students are provided with additional training in soft skills and foreign languages. The institute offers a lot of opportunities to explore extracurricular activities for holistic and enriching experience to B.Tech Biotechnology students. Our faculty members are involved in interdisciplinary research in frontier areas such as bio-process technology, environmental biotechnology, nanotechnology, microbial technology, bioinformatics, genetic engineering to name a few. The grant of research activities includes projects, patents & publications; and commercialization products are also under process.
To become a prime influencer in the field of Biotechnology and provide a vibrant learning environment to the students that will have a transformative impact on the society in terms of academics, research and entrepreneurship.
- To create educational experience targeted on a deep understanding of interdisciplinary sciences & engineering with the focus on development of industry-aligned skills.
- To garner an expertise in research, innovation, and entrepreneurship supporting the overall growth of the biotechnology academia and industry.
- To inculcate leadership qualities in students to handle competitive edge, social & ethical challenges for a better world.
Our graduates will be able to
- Acquire knowledge and skills in the frontier areas of biotechnology and solve societal problems individually and in teams.
- Think creatively and ethically about the use of biotechnology to address local and global problems.
- Implement the engineering principles to biological systems for development of industrial applications, as well as entrepreneurship skills to start bio-tech industry.
Our graduates will be able to
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, & environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities & norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Our graduates will be able to
- Apply knowledge of basic sciences and biotechnological techniques.
- Design, optimize, analyze & scale up bio-processes to develop useful products with societal consideration.
- To generate, analyze & interpret biological data using insilico & other relevant approaches.
Dr. Rashmi Mishra attained Doctor of Philosophy in Biotechnology (Mineral Biotech) from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (Deemed University) in 2009. Dr. Mishra holds a rich experience of more than 16 years in academics and research. Her forte lies in Environmental, Medical & Industrial Microbiology as well as Food Technology, and has accomplished more than 19 paper publication in journals of international repute. She has been instrumental in various training programs and seminars with the sole purpose to disseminate knowledge towards the significance of the Microbiology and Biotechnology in the present scenario as well as in the future. Dr. Mishra has authored two books namely "General Microbiology" and "Microbial Investigation on Recovery of Zinc from Low-grade Ores and Other Waste Materials".
- Ravi Kant Singh, Shashi Kumar, Surendra Kumar. Title: Studies on Adsorption and Biodegradation of P-Cresol from Waste Water, LAMBERT Academic Publishing (LAP), Germany, 2016, 1-184.
- Santosh Kumar Mishra, Shashi Kumar, Surendra Kumar, Ravi Kant Singh. Title: Optimization of Process Parameters for α-amylase Production using Artificial Neural Network (ANN) on Agricultural Wastes, Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy 10 (3), 2016, 248-260 (NAAS Score: 4.42).
- Santosh Kumar Mishra, Shashi Kumar, Ravi Kant Singh, Surendra Kumar. Title: Mathematical Modeling of Microbial Growth and Production Kinetics for α-amylase by using Mustard Oil Cake as Solid Substrate, Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications, 9 (3), 2016, 489-494 (NAAS Score: 3.48).
- Mohd. Adnan Siddiqui, Ravi Kant Singh, Ankit Kumar. Title: Phytochemical Screening and Anti-bacterial Activity of Oxalis Corniculata Against Human Pathogens, International Journal of Current Research, 9(12), 2017, 62114-62118.
- Preetha Ganguly, Chetna Gangwar, Anurag Mishra, Rosy Ran, Shashank Awasthi, Ravi Kant Singh, Tripti Bhatnagar. Title: Effect of Saccharification Methods on Bioethanol Production by Thermophiles from Eichhornia Crassipes, Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci (2018) 7(2): 3595-3603.
- Abhinav Datta, Ravi Kant Singh, Shahina Tabassum. Title: Isolation, Characterization and Growth of Rhizobium Strains under Optimum Conditions for Effective Biofertilizer Production, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science Review & Research, 32 (1), 2015, 199-208. (Impact factor: 2.191).
1. The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) provides an industry-oriented hands-on training in the campus in the field of Bioinformatics & Clinical Research through industry professionals.
2. MOUs signed with Wipro GE Health Care Institute, Gurgaon, Advanced Genomics Institute & Laboratory mEdicine (AGILE), New Delhi, Codon Biotech Pvt. Ltd, Noida & Institute for Industrial Research & Toxicology, Ghaziabad in 2016.
3. Association with professional bodies like Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy, India, Association of Microbiologist of India, The Indian Society of Human Genetics & Indian Immunology Society, India and also Membership of Advisory Board in World Research Journal of Biotechnology.
4. Biotechnology department has highly qualified, experienced and specialized faculty members.
5. Faculties of Biotechnology department are encouraged for consultancy projects with reputed biotechnology-based companies.
6. Biotechnology department has well-equipped laboratories with advanced analytical instruments.
7. Students are encouraged for higher studies and research work in abroad & national reputed institutions like IITs, IIMs, IISERs, NITs, and central universities through different competitive examinations.
8. The Department of Biotechnology has also researched tie-ups with leading biotechnology institutes and research organizations like IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Roorkee, Punjab University Chandigarh, GGSIP University Delhi, HBTI Kanpur, NDRI Karnal, IITR Lucknow, Jamia Hamdard Delhi, AIIMS Delhi, and IET Lucknow.
9. MoU signed with C3 healthcare, New Delhi in 2022
10. MoU signed with IBRI, Noida in 2019
|2K18F081||Dr. Rashmi Mishra||BIO-TECH||Associate Prof. & HOD|
|2K19F077||Dr. Pankaj Kumar Tyagi||BIO-TECH||Professor|
|2K19F109||Dr. Arvind Kumar||BIO-TECH||Associate Prof. & Dy. HOD|
|2K17F045||Dr. Sujeet Kumar Singh||BIO-TECH||Assistant Prof.|
|2K18F106||Dr. Pratibha Pandey||BIO-TECH||Assistant Prof.|
|2K19F005||Dr. Fahad khan||BIO-TECH||Assistant Prof.|
|2K22F132||Mr. Ramish Maqsood||BIO-TECH||Assistant Prof.|
|2K22F067||Dr. Chhaya Agarwal||BIO-TECH||Assistant Prof.|
|2K22F076||Ms. Shalakha Singh||BIO-TECH||Assistant Prof.|
|2K22F087||Mr. Neeraj Agarwal||BIO-TECH||Assistant Prof.|
|2K22F125||Ms. Lovely||BIO-TECH||Assistant Prof.|
Small Piece of potatoes
Wet Starch for Heat in to Oven
Dry Starch After Heat
Powdered Form of Starch
Heat Starch with water
Small Piece of potatoes
wet starch for Heat in to oven
Prashant Kumar Singh, Darpan Baranwal, Rishabh Yadav
Backed Plastive are Obtained
Substance poured in to the petri dish and glass plate, put it in to oven for 2 to 3hr.at 120'f
- Ms. Srishti Gupta (2013-17 batch) received bronze medal by Hon’ble Governor of Uttar Pradesh at AKTU, Lucknow
- Mr. Rohit Satyam (2015-19 batch) participated in the nationwide ideathon contest organized by Nobel Prize Series-India 2017.
- Ms. Uroosa AIR-25 & Ms. Ayushi Tyagi AIR-452 cleared GATE-2018 examination.
- Mr. Rohit Satyam received a grant of Rs. 1 Lakh for project work from SRISTI, Ahmedabad (Gujarat).
- Mr. Rohit Satyam & Mr. Rohit Panchal participated in poster presentation at Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi on 30.08.2017 on topics entitled as
a. An in-silico approach combating multidrug-resistant clostridium perfringens strains using systems and computational biology by Satyam, R. et al. (2017).
b. Unveiling the pathogenesis related to reovirideae family by identification of microsatellites: an in- silico approach by Panchal, R. et al. (2017).
- Ramish Maqsood secured AIR 2361 in GATE Life Sciences 2019 examination.
- Tanu Singh secured AIR 704 in in GATE Biotechnology 2020.
- Ritu Mishra (Batch 2016-20) secured 3rd position (bronze medal) in AKTU university examination.
- Rama Karn secured AIR 586 in GATE Biotechnology 2021.
- Abhishek Tiwari secured AIR 289 in GATE Biotechnology 2021.
- Shivangi Singh secured AIR 2625 in GATE Biotechnology 2021.
- Ambuj Kumar secured AIR 508 in GATE Biotechnology 2021.
- Shivansh Verma secured AIR 1994 in GATE Biotechnology 2021.
- Ravneet Kaur (Batch 2018-22) secured 3rd position (bronze medal) in AKTU university examination.
- Shristi Agarwal secured AIR 1789 in GATE Biotechnology 2022.
|NAME OF ORGANIZATION||NAME OF EVENT||DATE||NO. OF STUDENTS|
|Shaheed Rajguru college of applied sciences for women||National workshop on Alternative methods to animal testing||27-29 March, 2019||3|
|Shyama Prasad Mukherji college for women||International conference on contemporary issues in integrating health and nutrition with the emerging areas of food technology, agriculture, environment and allied sciences||06 April 2019||2|
|IILM, Greater Noida||Biogenesis - V||2 & 3 /08/2017||15|
|Ram-Eesh Institute, Gr.Noida||Challenges & Opportunities in Nanopharmaceuticals||18/08/2017||4|
|Miranda House, DU||Workshop on understanding our environment||18/8/2017||5|
|NSIT, New Delhi||National conference of Biological Engg. Society(BESCON-2017)||8 & 9 /9/2017||14|
|Institute of Home Ecoomics,DU||Introduction to Clinical Biochemistry||12 & 13 /9/2017||1|
|Deen Dayal Upadhayay, DU||Workshop on Trans-disciplinary areas of Research & Teaching||15 & 16 /9/2017||7|
|AIIMS, New Delhi||Pulsaing Minds||20/9/2017||1|
|Hansraj College, DU||Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Neural Network||27/9/2017||4|
|IIT-Delhi||Workshop on MATLAB||14/10/2017||2|
|Dr.A.K.T.U||Secured Third Posistion in AKTU||26/10/17||1|
|Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad||Vision Bharat Tech – ProSummit 2K17||03/11/17||1|
|My Gov||Rashtriya Ekta Diwas Quiz||06/11/17||1|
|Miranda House, DU||Workshop on catalyzing a cultural shift in youth entrepreneurship||09/11/17||3|
|Miranda House, DU||Science conclave: Research on Frontiers||10-12/1/2018||1|
|ITS, Greater Noida||2nd prize in 200 m race at Dr. Abdul Kalam Sports Fest 2018 (Zonal Level)||23-25/1/2018||1|
|Deen Dayal Upadhayay, DU||Workshop on Recent Trends in Bioinformatics||31/1/2018||15|
|JIIT, Noida||International conference on advances in Bioscience & Biotechnology - 2018||1-3/2/2018||4|
|Delhi, NCR||Participated in Anveshana 2018Science & Engg Fair||14-16/2/2018||1|
|GIAN||Participated in GIAN course on Molecular Dissection & Host Pathogen Interaction||17-28/2018||1|
|GNIOT, Greater Noida||3rd positon at Dr. Abdul Kalam Arts & Cultural Fest 2018||22-24/2/2018||1|
|Dr. B R Ambedkar Centre for Biomedical Research||Workshop cum hands on training prog on “ Molecular Diagnostics of Infectious Diseases”||17-18/3/2018||1|
|IILM, Greater Noida||IGNITE 2018(1st Prize in smart village)||17-18/3/2018||25|
|IEC, Greater Noida||INNOVISION - 2k18||21-23/3/2018||1|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Biotreasure Hunt||22-24/3/2018||1|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Time Game||22-24/3/2018||1|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Water Rocketry||22-24/3/2018||1|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Agar Art||22-24/3/2018||2|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Sci-Cherades||22-24/3/2018||2|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Ebullience 2k18||22-24/3/2018||9|
|ITS, Greater Noida||UDGHOSH-2018||23-24/3/2018||1|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Smart India Hackathon||30-31/3/2018||2|
|Noida International University||Workshop on “Synthesis of Nanoparticles”||9-16/4/2018||18|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Modern Fuel (Technorbit 2k18)||14-15/4/2018||1|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Water Rocketry (Technorbit 2k18)||14-15/4/2018||1|
|Story Mirror||Story Wrtiing||17/07/2016||1|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Paper Presentation||15/10/2016||1|
|Department of Biotechnology||Noble Prize Series||27/12/2016||1|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||O-Urza||21/1/2017||1|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Scientific Poster Making||28/1/2017||4|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Best of Waste||06/02/17||2|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Ebullience'17||24 & 25/3/2017||3|
|JMI, New Delhi||National Conference on Biotechnology & Environment||10 & 11/04/2017||3|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Ad-o-Mania||22/8/2015||8|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Intello Furious||03/10/15||5|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Sci-Art||17/10/15||4|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Face painting||31/10/15||3|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Kho-Kho Tournment||12/02/16||2|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Ebullience ' 16||11 & 13/3/2016||2|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Biopictionary||09/08/14||5|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Poster Making competiton||09/08/14||5|
|United Grp. of Institutions||Dance competition||21/2/2015||1|
|HIMT Grp. Of Institutuions||Spriesta HIMTG||9,10,11/4/2015||4|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Graphic T-shirt design competition||08/02/14||1|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Poster Making competition||08/02/14||1|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Essay competition||22/2/14||1|
|Sharda University||Chorus 2014||15/3/14||2|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Ebullience ' 14||21/3/2014||17|
|Khabar Villa Network||The Tamasha 2k14||05/04/14||2|
|IIMT , Greater Noida||Drawing competition||21/4/14||1|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Tech Fest "FACTION - 2k13"||22-23/2/13||5|
|N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Sports Meet||22-23/2/13||2|
|G.L Bajaj ,Greater Noida||Sankalp -2013||15-16/3/13||1|
Genetic Engineering CDNA library by Dr. Deepak Gola on AKTU Digital Education
DNA Replication by Dr. Pratibha Pandey on AKTU Digital Education
Basic of Animal cell culture by Dr. Fahad Khan on AKTU Digital Education
Department of Biotechnology Tour Visit
Online Lecture on Research writing process by Department of Biotechnology
on molecular docking