|2 years (4 semesters)||Biotechnology Engineering||18||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, UP, Lucknow||AICTE|
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) was established in the year 2012 with an undergraduate programme in Biotechnology. Over the years the department has seen exponential growth and has cemented its credentials both in the field of teaching and research. Our vision has been to impart quality education to budding biotechnology professionals and foster strong interdisciplinary research in frontier areas of Biotechnology. Biotechnology department has signed MOUs with Codon Biotech. Pvt. Ltd., Noida & Institute for Industrial Research & Toxicology, Ghaziabad. We also have collaboration with various reputed institutes like IIT Roorkee, GGSIP University Delhi, IET Lucknow, NDRI Karnal, Biotech Park Lucknow, etc. Apart from providing in-depth knowledge of core biotechnology subjects, the students are provided with additional training in soft skills and foreign languages. The institute offers a lot of opportunities to explore extracurricular activities for holistic and enriching experience to B.Tech. Biotechnology students. Our faculty members are involved in interdisciplinary research in frontier areas such as Bio-Process Technology, Environmental Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Microbial Technology, Bioinformatics, and Genetics to name a few. The grant of research activities includes projects, patents & publications; and commercialization products are also under process.
To become a prime influencer in the field of Biotechnology and provide a vibrant learning environment to the students that will have a transformative impact on the society in terms of academics, research and entrepreneurship.
- To create an educational experience targeted on the deep understanding of interdisciplinary sciences & engineering with a focus on the development of industry-aligned skills.
- To become an expert in research, innovation, and entrepreneurship, supporting the overall growth of the biotechnology academia and industry.
- To inculcate leadership qualities in students to handle competitive edge, social & ethical challenges for a better world.
|Name of Visiting Faculty members||Designation||Name of Company with address||Mail ID & Contact Number|
|Dr. Tripti Bhatnagar||Managing Director||Codon Biotech. Pvt. Ltd., C-23, Sector-63, Noida||Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Dr. Virendra Tiwari||Head, Toxicology Division||Dabur Research Foundation, 22, Site IV, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad||Mail ID: email@example.com
|Sri. R. P. Yadav||Patent & Trademark Attorney||SR4IPR Partners Flat No. 18 (GF), Radhika Apartments, Pocket-1, Sector-14, Dwarka, New Delhi||Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Mr. Vijay Pratap Singh||Head HR & Admin||Ayurvet Ltd. (Formerly known as Dabur India Ltd.), Unit 101-103, 1st Floor, KM Trade Tower, Plot H-3, Sector -14, Kaushambi, Ghaziabad||Mail ID: email@example.com
|Name of Seminar/ Conference/ Workshop||Date||Funding agency|
|Seminar on soft skills||September 8, 2014||NIET, Greater Noida|
|FDP on Communication Skills through ICT||July 20-24, 2015||NITTR, Chandigarh|
|Workshop on Bioinformatics & Clinical Research||July 15-26, 2015||Simulanis Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Delhi|
|Workshop on Clinical Research & SAS||June 06-16, 2016||MonkFox, Hyderabad|
|Workshop on Virtual Lab||August 23, 2016||IIT, Delhi|
|Workshop on Curriculum Development for B.Tech. Biotechnology||April 21-22, 2016||Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow|
- To acquire knowledge and develop understanding by providing high quality education through andragogical tools.
- To develop industry-aligned skills in order to minimize the gap between industry and academia.
- To inculcate the students with the social ethics for becoming a responsible citizen.
Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, & environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practices.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities & norms of the engineering practices.
- Function effectively as an individual, as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- To apply knowledge of basic sciences and biotechnological techniques.
- To design, optimize, analyze & scale up bioprocesses to develop useful products with societal consideration.
- To generate, analyze & interpret biological data using insilico & other relevant approaches.
Dr. Rashmi Mishra has attained Doctor of Philosophy in Biotechnology (Mineral Biotech) from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (Deemed University) in 2009. Dr. Mishra holds rich experience of more than 16 years in academics and research. Her forte lies in Environmental, Medical & Industrial Microbiology as well as Food Technology, and has accomplished more than 19 paper publications in internationally-reputed journals. She has been instrumental in various training programmes and seminars with the sole purpose of disseminating knowledge towards the significance of the Microbiology and Biotechnology in the present scenario as well as in the future. Furthermore, Dr. Mishra has authored two books namely "General Microbiology" and "Microbial Investigation on Recovery of Zinc from Low Grade Ores and Other Waste Materials".
- Niraj Kumar Jha*, Rohan Kar and Vineet Kumar Goswami (2019), Nuclear Factor-Kappa β as a therapeutics target for Alzheimer’s disease, Journal of Neurochemistry (Wiley-Blackwell) Impact factor: 4.86 (*Corresponding Author) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30802950
- Niraj Kumar Jha, Rohan Kar, and Rituraj Niranjan (2019), ABC transporters in neurological disorders: an important gateway for botanical compounds mediated neuro-therapeutics, Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry (Bentham Science) Impact factor: 3.44 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30977450
- Kunal Singh, Niraj Kumar Jha, and Abhimanyu Thakur (2019), Spatiotemporal Chromatin Dynamics- A Tell Tale of Circadian Epigenetic Gene Regulation, Life Sciences (Elsevier) Impact factor: 3.46 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30721705
- Fahad Khan, Partibha Pandey, Niraj Kumar Jha (2019), Anti-cancerous Effect of Rutin against HPV - C33A Cervical Cancer Cells via G0/G1 Cell Cycle Arrest and Apoptotic Induction, Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune Disorders - Drug Targets (Bentham Science) Impact factor: 2.10, Accepted
- Fahad Khan, Partibha Pandey, Rashmi Mishra, Shweta Sharma, Niraj Kumar Jha (2019), An in silico study on plant-derived inhibitors against a prognostic Biomarker, Jab1, International Journal of research in Pharmaceutical sciences.
- Fahad Khan, Partibha Pandey, Tarun Kumar Upadhyay (2019), Cytochrome P450 role in metabolism of drugs and chemicals, Lambert Academic Publishers, Germany (Book)
- Ravi Kant Singh, Shashi Kumar, Surendra Kumar, Studies on adsorption and biodegradation of p-cresol from waste water, LAMBERT Academic Publishing (LAP), Germany, 2016, 1-184.
- Santosh Kumar Mishra, Shashi Kumar, Surendra Kumar, Ravi Kant Singh, Optimization of process parameters for α-amylase production using Artificial Neural Network (ANN) on agricultural wastes, Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy 10 (3), 2016, 248-260 (NAAS Score: 4.42).
- Santosh Kumar Mishra, Shashi Kumar, Ravi Kant Singh, Surendra Kumar, Mathematical Modeling of Microbial Growth and Production Kinetics for α-amylase by using Mustard Oil Cake as Solid Substrate, Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications, 9 (3), 2016, 489-494 (NAAS Score: 3.48).
- Mohd. Adnan Siddiqui, Ravi Kant Singh, Ankit Kumar, Phytochemical screening and antibacterial activity of Oxalis corniculata against human pathogens, International Journal of Current Research, 9(12), 2017, 62114-62118.
- Preetha Ganguly, Chetna Gangwar, Anurag Mishra, Rosy Ran, Shashank Awasthi, Ravi Kant Singh, Tripti Bhatnagar, Effect of Saccharification Methods on Bioethanol Production by Thermophiles from Eichhornia crassipes, Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci (2018) 7(2): 3595-3603.
- Abhinav Datta, Ravi Kant Singh, Shahina Tabassum, Isolation, Characterization and Growth of Rhizobium strains under optimum conditions for effective Biofertilizer production, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science Review & Research, 32 (1), 2015, 199-208. (Impact factor: 2.191).
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT) provides an industry-oriented hands on training in the campus in the field of Bioinformatics & clinical Research through industry professionals.
- MOUs signed with Wipro GE Health Care Institute, Gurgaon, Advanced Genomics Institute & Laboratory mEdicine (AGILE), New Delhi, Codon Biotech Pvt. Ltd, Noida & Institute for Industrial Research & Toxicology, Ghaziabad in 2016.
- Association with Professional bodies like Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy, India, Association of Microbiologist of India, The Indian Society of Human Genetics & Indian Immunology Society, India and also Membership of Advisory Board in World Research Journal of Biotechnology.
- Biotechnology department has highly qualified, experienced and specialized faculty members.
- Faculties of Biotechnology department are encouraged for consultancy projects with reputed biotechnology-based companies.
- Biotechnology department has well-equipped laboratories with advanced analytical instruments.
- Students are encouraged for higher studies and research work in abroad & national reputed institutions like IITs, IIMs, IISERs, NITs, and Central Universities through different competitive examinations.
- The Department of Biotechnology has also research tie-ups with leading biotechnology institutes and research organizations like IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Roorkee, Punjab University Chandigarh, GGSIP University Delhi, HBTI Kanpur, NDRI Karnal, IITR Lucknow, Jamia Hamdard Delhi, AIIMS Delhi, and IET Lucknow.
|1||Dr. Rashmi Mishra||Associate Professor & Head|
|2||Dr. Pankaj Kumar Tyagi||Professor|
|3||Dr. Sujeet Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|4||Mr. Ankit Kumar||Assistant Professor & Dy. Head|
|5||Ms. Vineeta Singh||Assistant Professor|
|6||Ms. Meenu Agrawal||Assistant Professor|
|7||Ms. Shweta Sharma||Assistant Professor|
|8||Dr. Ayushi Verma||Assistant Professor|
|9||Dr. Deepak Gola||Assistant Professor|
|10||Dr. Amrita Singh||Assistant Professor|
|11||Dr. Pratibha Pandey||Assistant Professor|
|12||Dr. Fahad Khan||Assistant Professor|
|13||Dr. Niraj Jha||Assistant Professor|
- Ms. Srishti Gupta (2013-17 batch) was received Bronze medal by Hon’ble Governor of Uttar Pradesh at AKTU, Lucknow
- Mr. Rohit Satyam (2015-19 batch) participated in the Nationwide ideathon contest organized by Nobel Prize Series-India 2017.
- Ms. Uroosa AIR-25 & Ms. Ayushi Tyagi AIR-452 cleared GATE-2018 examination.
- Mr. Rohit Satyam Receive a grant of 1.0 Lac for project work from SRISTI, Ahmedabad (Gujarat).
- Mr. Rohit Satyam & Mr. Rohit Panchal participated in Poster presentation at Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi on 30.08.2017 on topics entitled as
a. An in-silico approach combating multidrug-resistant Clostridium perfringens strains using systems and computational biology by Satyam, R. et al. (2017).
b. Unveiling the pathogenesis related to Reovirideae family by identification of microsatellites: an in- silico approach by Panchal, R. et al. (2017).
|S. No.||NAME OF ORGANIZATION||NAME OF EVENT||DATE||NO. OF STUDENTS|
|1||IILM, Greater Noida||Biogenesis - V||2 & 3 /08/2017||15|
|2||Ram-Eesh Institute, Gr.Noida||Challenges & Opportunities in Nanopharmaceuticals||18/08/2017||4|
|3||Miranda House, DU||Workshop on understanding our environment||18/8/2017||5|
|4||NSIT, New Delhi||National conference of Biological Engg. Society(BESCON-2017)||8 & 9 /9/2017||14|
|5||Institute of Home Ecoomics,DU||Introduction to Clinical Biochemistry||12 & 13 /9/2017||1|
|6||Deen Dayal Upadhayay, DU||Workshop on Trans-disciplinary areas of Research & Teaching||15 & 16 /9/2017||7|
|7||AIIMS, New Delhi||Pulsaing Minds||20/9/2017||1|
|8||Hansraj College, DU||Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Neural Network||27/9/2017||4|
|9||IIT-Delhi||Workshop on MATLAB||14/10/2017||2|
|10||Dr.A.K.T.U||Secured Third Posistion in AKTU||26/10/17||1|
|11||Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad||Vision Bharat Tech – ProSummit 2K17||03/11/17||1|
|12||My Gov||Rashtriya Ekta Diwas Quiz||06/11/17||1|
|13||Miranda House, DU||Workshop on catalyzing a cultural shift in youth entrepreneurship||09/11/17||3|
|14||Miranda House, DU||Science conclave: Research on Frontiers||10-12/1/2018||1|
|15||ITS, Greater Noida||2nd prize in 200 m race at Dr. Abdul Kalam Sports Fest 2018 (Zonal Level)||23-25/1/2018||1|
|16||Deen Dayal Upadhayay, DU||Workshop on Recent Trends in Bioinformatics||31/1/2018||15|
|17||JIIT, Noida||International conference on advances in Bioscience & Biotechnology - 2018||1-3/2/2018||4|
|18||Delhi, NCR||Participated in Anveshana 2018Science & Engg Fair||14-16/2/2018||1|
|19||GIAN||Participated in GIAN course on Molecular Dissection & Host Pathogen Interaction||17-28/2018||1|
|21||GNIOT, Greater Noida||3rd positon at Dr. Abdul Kalam Arts & Cultural Fest 2018||22-24/2/2018||1|
|22||Dr. B R Ambedkar Centre for Biomedical Research||Workshop cum hands on training prog on “ Molecular Diagnostics of Infectious Diseases”||17-18/3/2018||1|
|23||IILM, Greater Noida||IGNITE 2018(1st Prize in smart village)||17-18/3/2018||25|
|24||IEC, Greater Noida||INNOVISION - 2k18||21-23/3/2018||1|
|25||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Biotreasure Hunt||22-24/3/2018||1|
|26||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Time Game||22-24/3/2018||1|
|27||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Water Rocketry||22-24/3/2018||1|
|28||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Agar Art||22-24/3/2018||2|
|29||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Sci-Cherades||22-24/3/2018||2|
|30||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Ebullience 2k18||22-24/3/2018||9|
|31||ITS, Greater Noida||UDGHOSH-2018||23-24/3/2018||1|
|32||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Smart India Hackathon||30-31/3/2018||2|
|33||Noida International University||Workshop on “Synthesis of Nanoparticles”||9-16/4/2018||18|
|34||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Modern Fuel (Technorbit 2k18)||14-15/4/2018||1|
|35||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Water Rocketry (Technorbit 2k18)||14-15/4/2018||1|
|36||Story Mirror||Story Wrtiing||17/07/2016||1|
|37||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Paper Presentation||15/10/2016||1|
|38||Department of Biotechnology||Noble Prize Series||27/12/2016||1|
|39||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||O-Urza||21/1/2017||1|
|40||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Scientific Poster Making||28/1/2017||4|
|41||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Best of Waste||06/02/17||2|
|42||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Ebullience'17||24 & 25/3/2017||3|
|43||JMI, New Delhi||National Conference on Biotechnology & Environment||10 & 11/04/2017||3|
|44||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Ad-o-Mania||22/8/2015||8|
|45||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Intello Furious||03/10/15||5|
|46||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Sci-Art||17/10/15||4|
|47||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Face painting||31/10/15||3|
|48||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Kho-Kho Tournment||12/02/16||2|
|50||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Ebullience ' 16||11 & 13/3/2016||2|
|51||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Biopictionary||09/08/14||5|
|52||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Poster Making competiton||09/08/14||5|
|53||United Grp. of Institutions||Dance competition||21/2/2015||1|
|54||HIMT Grp. Of Institutuions||Spriesta HIMTG||9,10,11/4/2015||4|
|55||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Graphic T-shirt design competition||08/02/14||1|
|56||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Poster Making competition||08/02/14||1|
|57||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Essay competition||22/2/14||1|
|58||Sharda University||Chorus 2014||15/3/14||2|
|59||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Ebullience ' 14||21/3/2014||17|
|60||Khabar Villa Network||The Tamasha 2k14||05/04/14||2|
|61||IIMT , Greater Noida||Drawing competition||21/4/14||1|
|62||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Tech Fest "FACTION - 2k13"||22-23/2/13||5|
|63||N.I.E.T , Greater Noida||Sports Meet||22-23/2/13||2|
|64||G.L Bajaj ,Greater Noida||Sankalp -2013||15-16/3/13||1|