The automobile industry in India is rising swiftly and is growing at a faster pace, not only in terms of its model variant but also in terms of its size. Other than that, the automobile industry is up-surging due to its technological innovation in new cars. In various vehicle sections, the automotive expert is now becoming even more refined with stringent guidelines and growing customer demand.
Mercedes-Benz, in its contribution to the ‘Skill India’ initiative of the Government, has developed highly skilled resources for the automotive industry through the introduction of the ADAM course. This article discusses what Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) Course is all about, its benefits, syllabus, entrance exam, and the way to get admission to a reputed college.
What is Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) Course?
Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) is a course developed in alliance with Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd. Automotive Mechatronics is a life-cycle activity that completely involves the multidisciplinary integration of mechanical, automotive, and electronic systems.
The Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) is a newly established course specifically developed to respond to the demand in the industrial sector for graduates with advanced educational skills in the specialized field.
The ADAM course is highly specialized and includes Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics/ Embedded systems, Soft Skills, and Vehicle Systems modules. The training is imparted in the areas of Advanced Automobile Systems / Engineering and its diagnosis, Electrical & Electronics Technology, Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd. factory visit, and practical hands-on experience on Mercedes-Benz Car. The methodology of the course is self-reliant, and the team concept is being practiced successfully directly in the MBIL in-house facility.
Benefits of Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) by Mercedes Benz
Here is a list of benefits of the Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) by Mercedes Benz course:
- Mercedes Benz India Ltd. guarantees the best placement assistance for getting placed in the renowned MB retail networking locations and other Automobile OEMs.
- Helps the students in the self-reliant learning process with more emphasis on hands-on-practical training on Automatic transmissions of the latest Mercedes Benz cars and other modern engines.
- Students will get extensive training from competent and skilled faculty members.
- The students are also provided with soft skill sessions by well-trained professionals.
- State of the art facility offered by Mercedes Benz India Ltd.
Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) Syllabus
Check out the Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics syllabus or course content below:
1. Mechanical Module
- Engine – various modern engines and their functions
- Maintenance & Servicing of Modern Vehicle
- Transmissions, Chassis systems
- Introduction to Workshop Information System (WIS)
- PDI & servicing
- Quality services, etc.
2. Electronics Module
- Wiring Diagram – symbols & designation of electrical components
- Basic Electrical
- Sockets & pin diagrams
- Basic Electronics
- Principle & applications of sensors
- Reading of wiring diagram
- Digital Electronics
- Basics of CAN bus networking
- Interior & Exterior CAN
- Location of CAN voltage distributor
3. Soft-skill Development Module
- Communication skills- Verbal Communication
- Presentation skills using teaching aids and other modern tools
- Body language
- Technical Report writing
- Written communication – Business letter writing
A test will be conducted after the completion of the Soft Skill Module.
4. Workshop Module
- Two-week training at the dealer’s workshop for performing maintenance service and practicing other vehicle maintenance processes.
- The progress will be monitored by the experts.
- A test will be conducted at the completion of this module.
5. Advance Automotive Systems Module
Different Vehicle Management System: Emission control management – i.e., Advanced CDI, MESFI, Catalytic converter, etc. & Functions of Engine management, Vehicle Component Study; ESP, ABS, BAS, ASR, Parktronic, SRS, Telematics (Basic), Auto transmission electronic control, Auto air-conditioning, etc. D2B. A test based on Mechanical, Advanced automotive systems, Electronics, and Workshops will be conducted at the end of this module.
Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) Entrance Exam
The Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics entrance exam is also known as the ADAM Entrance Test (AET) or AAEE (ADAM Admission Entrance Exam). The test is mainly based on Basic Physics, Basic Automotive, Analytical Reasoning, Service Aptitude, and Numerical Ability.
How to Get Admission to ADAM Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics Course
Admissions to ADAM Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics course are mainly based on the AAEE (ADAM Admission Entrance Exam) at the All India Level. Candidates who clear the entrance test will be eligible for admission to the ADAM course.
The AAEE or AET test will comprise various objective-type questions from the related areas of Basics of Electrical Engineering, Basics of Automobile Engineering, Basics of Electronics Engineering, Basics of Mechanical Engineering, English language, Physics, Numerical Ability, General Knowledge & Current affairs, and Analytical Reasoning. Equal weightage is given to each section of the areas identified.
The aspirants or the candidates are also needed to appear for the Practical or the Skill-based Test in continuation to the theory examination. Orthographic projections & their symbols, Isometric, Measurements using Vernier caliper, identifying various components, Measurements using multi-meter, etc., shall be the brief content of the practical or the skill-based test.
Study Top Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) from NIET College
NIET has recently collaborated with Mercedez Benz to train students to grasp the various technical aspects of the automotive industry. The course is overall known as the Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) which is a full-time, one-year residential program. To pursue this course, an applicant needs to complete their B.Tech/Diploma (Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronics).
Some of the key USPs of the ADAM Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics program at NIET include:
- Admission through entrance examinations
- Dedicated and elite trainers
- Workshop with Mercedes Benz approved equipment and tools
- Dedicated e-labs
- Mercedes car- C220D
- Card Bay with compressor, lift, and dedicated toolbox
Working with a big brand like Mercedes Benz is a dream of several auto enthusiasts. However, this dream might come true if you go for the Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) course. This course is specifically designed by the Mercedes Benz Global Training Centre and completely focuses on the self-learning methodology.
Kickstart your career in the automotive industry with NIET’S ADAM course
The Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) program has been conducted in collaboration with private and government educational institutions. As one of the leading luxury automobile businesses around the globe, Mercedes Benz breaks the stereotype associated with women in the sector for women and also encourages them to join the workforce.
If you wish to secure a great future and explore the world of automotive mechatronics, then it’s just time for you to join the Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM) program of NIET. Get trained by the skilled and industry-experienced faculty for this amazing skill-based course. For more details, visit- https://www.niet.co.in/Benz/. Fill out the form to know more.