Pharmacy is the branch of science that deals with the research, development, and distribution of drugs and medicines. The field of Pharmacy prepares the students for the medical line. Under the supervision of skilled pharmacists, they prepare medications and provide medicines and other related assistance to the patients.
They also manage the Pharmacy and other clinical business operations.
If you are interested in making your career in the field of Pharmacy, then the first and foremost thing you should do is start your career in Pharma D or Diploma in Pharmacy course. This blog covers what D Pharmacy is all about, the top jobs after D pharmacy, the salary of a D Pharma graduate in India and abroad, and the top recruiters for D Pharma graduates in India. Keep reading.
What is D-Pharmacy?
D pharmacy, also known as Diploma in Pharmacy, is a diploma level course for the aspirants who are willing to study Pharmacy and opt for a career in the same. It is a two-year full-time diploma course specifically designed to prepare individuals to work under the supervision of licensed pharmacists in hospitals, medical centers, and pharmacies.
To enroll in this program, a candidate needs to complete their 10 + 2 level with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects.
Top 7 Jobs after D-Pharmacy and Salary in India and Abroad [Career Opportunities]
Here are the seven job opportunities for D-Pharmacy candidates:
The Pharmacists are responsible for preparing medication by interpreting and reviewing physicians’ orders and detecting therapeutic incompatibilities. A Pharmacist prepares medication by compounding, packaging, and labeling the pharmaceuticals. They control medications by monitoring the advising interventions and drug therapy.
Skills required to become a Pharmacist
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in science and mathematics
- Management skills
- Ability to multitask
Role of a Pharmacist
- Dispense Prescriptions
- Communicate with Prescribers
- Ensure Patients’ Safety
- Counsel Patients
- Work with Patients on General Health
2. Scientific Officer
The Scientific Officers oversee a company’s entire scientific function, which includes basic and applied research projects and the development of new technology, processes, and products.
Skills required to become a Scientific Officer
- Team Building
- Supervisory Skills
- Monitoring Others
Role of a Scientific Officer
- Fulfill leadership roles in the research or development departments
- Provide scientific and technical guidance
- Evaluating the validity of a proposed project
- Involvement in major projects
3. Medical Transcriptionist
The Medical Transcriptionist utilizes transcribing machines with foot pedals and headsets to listen to the recording by healthcare professionals. They dictate various medical reports and final medical summaries.
Skills required to become a Medical Transcriptionist
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Typing accuracy
- Punctuation, grammar and syntax
- Multitasking skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong listening skills
Role of a Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcribe physician’s dictation of medicine
- Operate dictation, word processing, and transcription equipment
- Receive incoming lab orders
- Review and edit transcribed reports
4. Pathological Lab Scientist
The Pathological Lab Scientist utilizes lab equipment to analyze different samples and specimens that usually come from human subjects to find the abnormalities and understand the cause.
Skills required to become a Pathological Lab Scientist
- Patient care
- Diagnosis of treatment
- Effective communication skills
- Expert in anatomy
- Understanding of health and safety
Role of a Pathological Lab Scientist
- Performing specimen analysis by utilizing laboratory tools
- Looking for abnormalities in samples
- Suggesting potential treatment options
- Writing pathology reports
- Undertaking research to improve testing methods
5. Clinical Research Associate
Clinical research is one of the most competitive fields. As a Clinical Research Associate, one needs to run clinical trials for testing drugs and noting their effectiveness, benefits, and risks. They are also responsible for ensuring that these drugs are safe for consumption and ready for mass production.
Skills required to become a Clinical Research Associate
- Great interpersonal & communication skills
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills
Role of a Clinical Research Associate
- Write and develop trial protocols
- Design case report forms (CRFs)
- Manage regulatory authority applications
- Identify and assess the suitability of facilities
- Liaise with doctors and consultants for conducting trials
6. Production Executive
A Production Executive is mainly responsible for determining the most efficient usage of the available resources. This includes labor and equipment for meeting the production goals. They also set budgets, determine the supplies and equipment required, assign job duties, and build the production schedule.
Skills required to become a Production Executive
- Product Knowledge
- Market research and intelligence for tapping competitor analysis
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Liaise with cross-functional teams
- Team building
- Sales management skills
Role of a Production Executive
- Provide training, product knowledge, direction to the field sales team
- Product Management in the pharmaceutical industry
- Developing brand plans or strategies for products
- SWOT analysis of product line
7. Analytical Chemist
An Analytical Chemist conducts laboratory research, performs processes and product development, and designs various instruments utilized in analytical analysis.
Skills required to become an Analytical Chemist
- Familiarity with GC and HPLC
- Observational and analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Technical abilities to work with complex equipment
Role of an Analytical Chemist
- Analyze raw materials and substances
- Provide analytical troubleshooting support
- Record data and interpret findings
- Assist in ensuring compliance
D pharmacy salary in India per month
Here are the salary details for D Pharmacy in India:
|D pharmacy Jobs||Salary per month|
|Scientific Officer||INR 53,916|
|Medical Transcriptionist||INR 20,166|
|Pathological Lab Scientist||INR 27,083|
|Clinical Research Associate||INR 30,000|
|Production Executive||INR 28,500|
|Analytical Chemist||INR 35,833|
D-Pharmacy Salary Abroad
The D-pharmacy jobs salary abroad starts from 10,00,000 – 12,00,000 per annum for different pharmaceutical-related designations. It, however, depends on the skill and years of experience of the candidate.
Top Recruiters for D-Pharma in India
Some of the top recruiters for D-Pharma in India include:
- Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Limited
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited
- Lupin Limited
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Cadila Healthcare Limited
- Cipla Limited
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Glenmark Pharma Limited
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Mankind Pharma Limited
- Biocon Limited
- Piramal Enterprises Limited
- Wockhardt Limited
- Divis Laboratories Limited
- Abbott India Limited
The D-Pharmacy students can easily land jobs with their skills and expect excellent career growth. They are also well paid by various pharmaceutical companies. The skilled professionals can expect even better job opportunities and can reach higher positions in a very short period.
Start with your career in Pharmacy with NIET.
The D.Pharm or Diploma in Pharmacy at NIET intends to train the student to produce dispensing pharmacists who can play a crucial role in the country’s healthcare system.
The program covers the basic and advanced levels of Pharmaceutical education, including Biochemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, and Toxicology, along with their application in the entire healthcare industry. If you are interested in applying for Pharma, start your career at the most reputed institute of Great Noida, NIET. Head towards the course page here- https://nietpharmacy.co.in/courses.php and know the entire details.