Master of Business Administration
|Management||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow||AICTE||2 years (4 semesters)||180|
- About the course
- hod profile
About the course Business is about managing change in technology, markets, corporate cultures and global environments. NIET's management candidates face the rigors of a business education that focus on combining classical business skills, such as finance and strategic planning, with creativity and sound judgment-the influence of a liberal arts perspective. Post Graduates from NIET are highly desirable job candidates because they are self-directed, ethical and effective contributors in their communities. The department of Master of Business Administration (MBA) was established in the year 2004, with an intake of 60.
MBA is a two-year full time course spread over four semesters. The program is duly approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to the Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow. The course is also accredited by National Board of accreditation (NBA). Besides, MBA Program is committed to provide the educational and corporate experiences required for professional competence. To facilitate a team of highly specialized resource persons are associated.
The MBA program aims at providing inputs to the students relevant to the business, industry and trade so that they can efficiently & effectively - function in the different organization and face the challenges arising as a sequel to all round development of the country. The Faculty at NIET focuses on management education more than just business management. The commitment is thought leadership with a deep understanding of business. The approach to pedagogy combines fieldwork, case studies and instrumented feedback with a strong emphasis on concepts and theory.
A variety of teaching and learning techniques are employed to impart knowledge and skills to students at NBS. It encourages students to make presentations on academic, management and other topics of current interest. Students are trained in effective communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and to face constructive criticism from fellow students and faculties in an informal environment.
Separate division Pyramid Finishing schools (PFS) develop the modules and groom the student's personality, through customized HR and Technical Training.
Head of the Department Dr. Dileep Singh is a Professor and Head of the Department of MBA at NIET, Greater Noida. He did B.Tech in Production Engineering from G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar in 1998. He got his masters degree in Management Studies from Motilal Nehru Regional Engineering College, Allahabad (Presently known as MNNIT Allahabad) in 2000. He was awarded a PhD. in Management in 2009 from Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT) Allahabad. He has more than thirteen years of teaching and research experience, has published papers in several National and International Journals, and National and International Conference proceedings. He has also attended and organized many FDPs, National and International Conferences and workshops. Many research scholars are pursuing Ph.D. under his supervision and guidance.
His area of expertise includes International Joint Ventures, Operations Management and Strategic Management. He is a life time member of ISTE. He has also visited several foreign countries like Singapore, Nepal etc. He is also the editor of NIET Journal of Management.
- Classrooms equipped with modern teaching learning aids like LCD projector, audio etc.
- Department has got its own library; besides a central library, consisting of text books, reference books, student project reports, conference proceedings, faculty development program materials etc.
- Independent Career Management Cell provides counseling and guidance to students on their career aspect.
- Provides platform for students to participate in various forums and technical & non-technical events.
- Faculty members are involved in live projects with industry to take up Quality Improvement Programs (QIP).
- Well Equipped Group Discussion Room for GD practice sessions & mock interviews.
- Regular Industrial visits.
- Regular Guest lectures.
- Regular Industrial Workshops to update the knowledge of students.
- Group Discussions & Industry Training by industry experts.
- Accelerated Mentor ship Program for scaling up the employability percentage and annual remuneration.
- Encouragement of students to take up industry based projects.
- Regular Personality Development (PDP) classes for overall personality development.