Computer Science and Engineering
|4 years (8 semesters)||Computer Science and Engineering||240||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University||AICTE|
About the course
In Computer Science, NIET is definitely the place to bet you can become part of a tradition of excellence. With rapidly evolving technical and the continuous need for innovation the department has always produced quality professionals, holding important positions in software industry in India and abroad.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at NIET is renowned for cutting edge research and for imparting state of the art education. The department attracts the bright students and faculty members. The faculty members are leaders in advanced computer technologies such as Genetic Algorithm, parallel processing, data mining, computer graphics, and software engineering, cloud computing, mobile applications & network programming.
The mission of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering is to impart high Quality Post graduate and under-graduate education. The Department has sixteen laboratories equipped with state- of-the-art computing facilities to support the research and teaching activities. A library with about 17,500 books on Computer Science for the exclusive use of the faculty members and students is located in the premises of the Department. The department offers UG Programme in Computer Science & Engineering and PG programme in Software Engineering. The department of Information Technology offers UG programme in Information Technology.
Vision of CSE Department
Department is committed to provide Intellectual, Innovative & Inspirational environment and contribute to academic, scientific, research and technical knowledge through excellence and to produce technocrats, researchers and bureaucrats.
Mission of CSE Department
M1: To improve the problem solving capability of students through continual learning so as to produce quality engineers in the field of Computer Science.
M2: To bridge the gap between industry and academia by bringing state of the art technology.
M3: To encourage innovation through multidisciplinary research and development activities.
M4: To inculcate human values and ethics, to serve the society in all possible ways.
Head of the Department (Computer Science & Engineering)
Prof. Chandra Shekhar Yadav is an Associate Professor and Head, Computer Science & Engineering Department at Noida Institute of Engineering & Technology (NIET), Greater Noida. He has about 17 years of experience in teaching. He received Master of Computer Applications degree from Institute of Engineering & Technology (IET), Lucknow in year 1998, M. Tech (Computer Science & Engineering) from JSSATE, Noida in year 2007. Currently he has submitted Ph.D. (Computer Science & Engineering) thesis in Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow under the supervision of Prof. (Dr.) Raghuraj Singh, HBTI Kanpur. He has supervised 07 M. Tech. thesis. He has published 19 research papers in various national, international journals and conferences. His message to students is to keep pace with the changing world by acquiring knowledge about latest technologies. This will help to achieve success.
- Chandra Shekhar Yadav, Raghuraj Singh, Yaduvir Singh “Reliability analysis of object oriented systems using vague lambda-tau modeling” Int. J. Fuzzy Computation and Modelling Vol.1, No.2, pp.151 – 168 Inderscience Enterprises Ltd.
- Chandra Shekhar Yadav, Raghuraj Singh “Prediction Model for Object Oriented Software Development Effort Estimation Using One Hidden Layer Feed Forward Neural Network with Genetic Algorithm” Advances in Software Engineering, Volume 2014, Article ID 284531 pp. 1-6, Hindawi Publishing Corporation 2014.
- Chandra Shekhar Yadav, Raghuraj Singh “Tuning of COCOMO II Model Parameters for Estimating Software Development Effort using GA for PROMISE Project Data Set” International journal of Computer Applications (0975-8887) vol. 90, No. 1 pp. 37-43 Foundation of computer science, New York, USA, 2014.
- Chandra Shekhar Yadav, Raghuraj Singh “Implementation of Prediction Model for Object Oriented Software Development Effort Estimation using One Hidden Layer Neural Network” International Journal of Advanced Computer Research (ISSN(print):2249-7277 ISSN(online):2277-7970) Volume-4 Issue-14 pp. 157-166 March-2014
- Chandra Shekhar Yadav, Raghuraj Singh “Analysis of Coupling Measures in Weighted Object Relation Diagram (WORD)” International journal of Information Technology & Systems, vol.1; No.2: pp. 103-109 ISSN: 2277-9825 July 2012
- Raghuraj Singh, Chandra Shekhar Yadav et.al “Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for printed Devnagari Script using Artificial Neural Network” International Journal of Computer Science and Communication(IJCSC) vol. 1, No.1, pp. 91-95 January-June 2010.
- Priya Chaudhary and C. S. Yadav, “Optimization Test Effort Estimation – A Comparative Analysis,” in International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering & Technology (IJSRET), Volume: 1, Issue: 2, Page No.: 018-020, May 2012. [ISSN: 2278 – 0882].
- Priya Chaudhary and C. S. Yadav, “An Approach for Calculating the Effort Needed on Testing Projects,” in International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET), Volume: 1, Issue: 1, Page No.: 35-40, March 2012. [ISSN: 2278-1323].
- Pitamber Adhakari and C. S. Yadav, “A Cross Honeyfarm based Defense against Worm Attacks,” in International Journal of Research Fellow for Engineering (IJRFE), Volume: 1, Issue: 7, Page No.: 32-46, September 2013. [ISSN: 2320-7396].
- Pitamber Adhakari and C. S. Yadav, “A Defense against Worm Attacks based on Cross Honeyfarm with Honeypots,” in International Journal of Scientific & Innovative Technologies (IJSIT), Volume: 1, Issue: 1, Page No.: 1-11, 2013.
- Vikrant Malik and C. S. Yadav, “Agent Based Message Communication in Grid World,” in International Journal of Research Fellow for Engineering (IJRFE), Volume: 1, Issue: 7, Page No.: 80-93, September 2013. [ISSN: 2320-7396].
- Vikrant Malik and C. S. Yadav, “Performance Prediction of Multi-Agent Based Simulation Applications on the Grid,” in International Journal of Scientific & Innovative Technologies (IJSIT), Volume: 1, Issue: 1, Page No.: 1-11, 2013.
- Ajay Kesherwani and C. S. Yadav, “An Optimized APFDc Test Case Prioritization Techniques using PSO,” in VSRD International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT), Volume: 3, Issue: 8, Page No.: 287-292, August 2013. [E-ISSN: 2231-2471].
- Daya Shankar Srivastva and C. S. Yadav, “A Study of Traditional Size Estimation Metrics for Object-Oriented Software,” in VSRD International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT), Volume: 3, Issue: 2, Page No.: 261-268, August 2013. [E-ISSN: 2231-2471].
- Chandra Shekhar Yadav, Raghuraj Singh “Reliability of Object Oriented Systems with Markov Transfer of Control” proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer and Management (CAMAN 2011) organized by IEEE Wuhan Section, Hunan University, Wuhan University, Engineering Information Institute and Chongqing VIP Information Co.,Ltd. Wuhan China. Paper is indexed by Ei Compendex and ISTP, May, pp. 19-21, 2011.
- Chandra Shekhar Yadav, Raghuraj Singh “Software Metrics Set for Object Oriented System” proceedings of International Conference on Computing Update and Trends 6th Feb, 2010.
- Raghuraj Singh, Chandra Shekhar Yadav “Performance Evaluation of Information Systems” NIET Journal of Engineering & Technology ISSN 2229-5828 Volume: 1 Issue: Autumn, pp. 63-66, 2010.
- Daya Shankar Srivastva and C. S. Yadav, “An Enhanced Function Point Approach for Size Estimation of Object-Oriented Software,” in National Conference on Emerging Technology in Computer Science (ETCS-2012), Greater Noida (Uttar Pradesh), INDIA, October 2012.
- Bhagwan Yadav, Surya Prakash Sharma, Pankaj Kumar and C. S. Yadav, “Design & Analysis of Image Encryption using Chaotic Logistic Map,” in National Conference on Electronic, Communication & Information Systems (NCECIS-2013), Greater Noida (Uttar Pradesh), INDIA, October 2013
Department Of Computer Science and Engineering